HDB Eligibility Guide for Signature EC Launch
Signature at Yishun is an executive condominium. As such you must meet HDB’s criteria in order to book a unit at the Signature EC launch. If you need help to assess your eligibility, just drop us a note via the Contact Form.
Source: HDB web site (www.hdb.gov.sg)
- Main applicant for the Signature EC launch must be a Singapore Citizen
- Application must include at least one other Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years old at the time of application for the Signature EC launch
- If applying under the Joint Singles Scheme, both applicants must be at least 35 years old
You must form a family nucleus under one of the schemes shown here:
- Public Scheme
You (the applicant) and;
* Your spouse, and children (if any)
* Your parents, and siblings (if any)
* Your children under your legal custody (if you are widowed or divorced)
- Fiance/Fiancee Scheme
You (the applicant) and your fiancee/fiance
- Orphan Scheme
You (the applicant) and;
* Your unmarried brothers/sisters, or
* Another unrelated single orphan
- Joint Singles Scheme
You (the applicant) and another single person
- Your total monthly household income must not exceed SGD$14,000
Special Requirement for Undischarged Bankrupts
Undischarged bankrupts must seek the Official Assignee (OA)’s consent to apply for the Signature EC launch. However, they do not need to seek the OA’s approval to be listed as an occupier.
Ownership of Private Property
You, your spouse, & any occupiers in this application, and their spouses, must not own or have disposed of, or have any share or part in any other private flat, house, building or land.
* Within 30 months before the date of application, and
* Between the date of application and the date of taking possession of this Yishun EC.
Owners/Ex-owners of HDB flats / DBSS flats / EC units
Each Singaporean household is allowed to buy the following housing types only twice:
* a flat directly from HDB;
* a resale flat with the CPF Housing Grant (only applicable to 1st timers);
* a DBSS flat from a developer;
* an EC apartment from a developer.
If you’ve already bought two such apartments, you cannot apply for, or be listed as an essential occupier in an application to buy a unit at the Signature EC launch.
Definition of First-timer Applicants
You and any essential family members listed in your application for the Signature EC launch, have NEVER:
* Bought a flat directly from HDB, or a DBSS flat or Executive Condo from developer
* Sold a flat bought directly from HDB, or DBSS flat or EC bought from developer
* Received the CPF Housing Grant for the purchase of an HDB resale flat
* Enjoyed other forms of housing subsidy (eg. SERS, privatisation of HUDC estate, etc)
70% of units will be set aside for first-timers during the initial period of the Signature EC launch.
Definition of Second-timer Applicants
You or the essential family members in your application have owned/sold or are currently owners of:
* Any HDB flat that was bought from HDB, or
* Any resale flat that was bought under the CPF Housing Grant Scheme, or
* A DBSS flat or an EC bought from the developer, or
* Have enjoyed other forms of housing subsidy (eg. SERS, privatisation of HUDC estate etc.)
Second-timers buying at the Signature EC launch are required to pay a Resale Levy. For resale levy details, see this page (opens in new window).
Existing Owner or Ex-Owner Of
* Flat bought directly from HDB
* DBSS flat bought from developer
* Resale flat bought under the CPF Housing Grant Scheme
If you belong to any of the above categories, you may apply to buy a unit at the Signature EC launch on condition that a 5-year period (excluding any period of subletting of the whole flat) has lapsed from the #date of taking possession of the previous flat to date of application for the new EC.
# The date of taking possession refers to following dates:
* Date of key collection, for flats that are bought direct from HDB
* Date of resale completion, for resale flats bought from open market with CPF Housing Grant
* Date of transfer at market value of the flat bought with CPF Housing Grant
* Date of key collection for EC/DBSS flats bought from the developer
Ex-owners of an EC
Are you, your spouse or any of the essential occupiers listed in the application an ex-owner of an Executive Condominium bought directly from the developer? If yes, you would need to wait at least 5 years from the date of taking possession of the earlier Executive Condominium before applying for this new Yishun EC.
In addition, you need to wait out a 30-month period from the effective date of disposal (i.e., date of legal completion of the sale of your Executive Condominium, evidenced by the Notice of Transfer or such other documentary evidence as HDB may require) of the EC before you can apply to buy a unit at the Signature EC launch.
Any person applying to buy at the Signature EC launch or be listed as an occupier must not currently be listed as an essential occupier of:
* An existing HDB flat bought directly from HDB,
* A DBSS flat bought under the CPF Housing Grant Scheme, or,
* A resale flat bought under the CPF Housing Grant Scheme
However, you may be eligible if you have stayed in the existing flat for at least 5 years from the #date of taking possession of the existing flat to the date of application for the Signature EC launch.
Cancellation of Application After Booking a Flat
If you book a flat from the March 2012 BTO and Sale of Balance Flats exercises onwards, and subsequently cancel the flat booking, you will have to wait 1 year from the date of cancellation before you can apply or be included as an essential occupier in the Signature EC launch application.
Within 3 years from the date of a divorce, only one party in the divorce can own one of the following housing units:
- Flat bought directly from the HDB
- DBSS flat / EC bought directly from a private developer
- Resale flat bought from open market under the CPF Housing Grant Scheme
If there is an existing matrimonial home which is one of the above, and that home is retained by your ex-spouse, you may apply to buy or be listed as an essential occupier in the Signature EC launch only 3 years after your date of divorce.
However, this 3-year wait out period will not apply if you are buying this new Yishun EC with your parents or a new spouse.
If there is no matrimonial home or the matrimonial home was bought from the open market without any CPF Housing Grant, you may apply for the Signature EC launch after you obtain your ex-spouse’s consent not to own or be listed as an essential occupier in any of the above housing types within the 3-year period from the date of divorce.
The requirement for ex-spouse’s consent is waived if you are buying the new EC with your parents or a new spouse or if you are buying a resale flat from the open market without the CPF Housing Grant.
The requirement to seek ex-spouse’s consent during the 3-year period from the date of divorce is also waived if you meet the following conditions:
- All your children are below 18 years old at the date of divorce; and
- You have the legal custody of all your children and are also the only parent with the care and control of all your children
Person Who Has Bought an EC/DBSS Flat with CPF Housing Grant
A person who bought an EC or DBSS flat with CPF Housing Grant but terminated the Sale & Purchase Agreement may apply to buy a unit at the Signature EC launch.
However, this is allowed on the condition that a 5-year period has lapsed from the termination date of the Sale & Purchase Agreement of their earlier EC or DBSS flat purchase, to the date of application for this new Yishun EC.
OTHER DEVELOPER LAUNCHES
Gem Condo . Long awaited new condo launch in Toa Payoh . 480m to Braddell MRT Station. Direct sale by developer . Launching Q2 2016 . By Evia Group
Condominium + Shops Mixed development . 3 minutes walk from Kovan MRT Station & Heartland Mall . Launch 1st Q / 2nd Q 2016 . See Stars of Kovan
Jurong Lake District . 5 mins walk to Lakeside MRT Station. Launching Q1 / Q2 2016 . To register for VIP Preview see Lake Grande condo
Cairnhill New Condo from $1.35M . Capitaland Integrated Development off Orchard Road . VIP Preview February 2016 . See Cairnhill Nine